I’m trying to get everything under one Microsoft account. last thing to move is the Xbox account. But when I move gamerstag from email one to email 2 I’m getting the following error. 8016FE6D . According to Microsoft I have some billing on email address 2 and that is blocking my move. You can check that out on http://commerce.microsoft.com Also email address 2 has a status business account and this is also blocking the transfer.
So I want to use email address 2 as my primary account. Email address 1 which I have for more then 20 years has got a childish name and that is why I need to change this. Email address 2 I have for a couple of years now
Now I have found a solution for this but the downside is that email address 2 can not be used for more then 30 days as It needs to be released.
The trick is making use of account aliases and then make it primary
Lets say emal address 1 is email@example.com and email adres 2 is firstname.lastname@example.org. So everything needs to be on email@example.com
- Login to email address 2 (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Go to https://account.live.com/names/manage
- Create a new alias like email@example.com
- Make the new alias primary
- Delete firstname.lastname@example.org as an alias so email@example.com is the only one left
- Wait for more then 30 days
- Log in to email address 1 (firstname.lastname@example.org) and go to https://account.live.com/names/manage
- Add the email address email@example.com as an alias
- Make it primary
- Delete all other aliases
If you have onedrive under firstname.lastname@example.org then make sure you move those files temporary on a harddrive and move them back once everything is complete
This is the only solution what I know works